- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups bow tie pasta (can also use elbow pasta)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c of shredded colby Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon of fresh cracked pepper
- In a instapot on sauté mode, brown the ground beef over medium high heat. Remove cooked ground beef from pan and set aside.
- Cook the onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic for the last 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and stir to cook for about 1 minute, slowly stir in the beef broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, smoked paprika, chili powder, and garlic powder, stirring to combine. Cover with lid and keep on low heat, stirring occasionally. In a separate pot, boil pasta as listed on back of box. Drain.
- Add in the cream and cheese and stir until all the cheese melted. Add back in ground beef and drained pasta. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more to re-heat ground beef and serve immediately!
This dish is rich in flavor. If you need more liquid for your pasta you can add a little water or beef broth. You could substitute another type of pasta but try to use a similar size for the liquid ratio to work out.